Revd Daniel Natnael - Minister
Daniel, our Minister, lives with his family on the new Mindenhurst Estate. He is married to Tberih and they have four children. He was an associate minster at St Paul’s Camberley three years prior the church plant in Deepcut, and before that he served as School Chaplain at Twyford CofE Academies Trust in London.
Daniel trained at Wycliffe Hall, University of Oxford, and is also a graduate in Music Education. In the time between colleges, he worked as a youth & children’s pastor in many places.
Originally named "St. Michael & All Angels", our church was built as a portable Garrison church in 1901. The first known service was held on 31 March 1901 (Palm Sunday). The church was renamed "St. Barbara's Garrison Church" on 1 October 1967 and became a listed building in 1984.
Since the closure of the army camp, the area has been undergoing major development work to create the new Mindenhurst Village. St. Barbara's, no longer a garrison church, has become a church plant of St. Paul's in Camberley, who provide the support needed until it is able to run fully independently. As part of the Village development, the church building will undergo major renovation work which will mark a new chapter for the church after its 120 years life.
During this development work we will hold open air sunday services in the church car park until temporary premises have been arranged.
Although we are currently without a church building our community is very much open! We are a loving and welcoming church offering prayer, help and support.
Everyone is welcome
We're a church family made up of people of all ages and backgrounds passionate about sharing the love of Jesus in our community and welcoming everyone.